March 18, 2007

Welcome to our blog!

Welcome to Feeling Stitchy, the Flickr Embroidery group blog! This blog has more than one talented blogger at the helm, scroll down to see the full list of peeps blogging... We hope Feeling Stitchy will inspire you to create new things - teach you new stuff, and introduce you to other crafty people. We'll be featuring projects, cool finds on Flickr and the web, free patterns, Etsy shops and interviews with embroiderers.

About Our Group (and Blog)
We're a friendly craft community and we're here to inspire you. We love all kinds of embroidery - Japanese cute, frilly and girly, old-school vintage, embroidered artworks, crewelwork, Subversive cross-stitchin' (and regular cross-stitch) and super-cool Sublime Stitching. Are you a creative machine embroiderer? We dig that, too! Basically we want to see anything you've embroidered yourself and want to share! Floresita created the Embroidery group on April 14, 2006, and little by little we've grown to over 5000 members!

How do I Join Your Group?
All you need is a Flickr account to join our group - they're free and easy to set up. Visit us, and add your pics to the pool, it's that simple! And who knows - we might feature your work here!

I have an Embroidery - related question...
Post it on our Discussion Boards! We have tons of talented members who love to help.

Who Blogs Here? 
All the Feeling Stitchy bloggers have their own blogs (see links below) - feel free to visit us! We're all avid crafters / small business people who volunteer our time here.

Contact Info?
Questions, suggestions, etc. regarding Feeling Stitchy? Email me, the admin of this blog, floresita: unafloresita AT gmail DOT com


Feeling Stitchy bloggers, Year 4
Bridget (beefranck) ~ her blog: MrXStitch (with MrXStitch)
Carina (wardi) ~ her blog: Carina's Craftblog
Eydie (shebrews) ~ her blog: She Brews
Jenny Hart ~ her blogs: Embroidery as Art, Sublime Stitching blog
Jessie (sweetjessie) ~ her blog: Sweet Jessie
Jo (lacerslife) ~ her blog: Lacer's Life
John (j_q_adams) ~ his blog: Quilt Dad
Kirsty (Kirsty) ~ her blog: Kootoyoo
Nicole (Follow the White Bunny) ~ her blog: Follow the White Bunny
Pam (kittykill) ~ her blog: faster kittykill
Penny (Penny Nickels) ~ her blog: Donkeywolf
Sam (incywincystitches) ~ her blog: incy wincy stitches
floresita (floresita) ~ her blog: things I've made

Feeling Stitchy bloggers, Year 3
Carina (wardi) ~ her blog: Carina's Craftblog
Eydie (shebrews) ~ her blog: She Brews
Jenny Hart ~ her blogs: Embroidery as Art, Sublime Stitching blog
Jessie (sweetjessie) ~ her blog: Sweet Jessie
Pam (kittykill) ~ her blog: faster kittykill
floresita (floresita) ~ her blog: things I've made

Feeling Stitchy bloggers, Year 2
Carina (wardi) ~ her blog: Carina's Craftblog
Eydie (shebrews) ~ her blog: She Brews
Jackie (wrens nest) ~ her blog: Wren's Nest
Jenny Hart ~ her blogs: Embroidery as Art, Sublime Stitching blog
Jessie (sweetjessie) ~ her blog: Sweet Jessie
Laurie (oldschoolacres) ~ her blog: old school acres
Pam (kittykill) ~ her blog: faster kittykill
Sally (allthestuffilike) ~ her blog: all the stuff i like
floresita (floresita) ~ her blog: things I've made

Feeling Stitchy bloggers, Year 1
Amy (amyleigh) ~ her blog: ibby bee quilts
Jane (Laren) ~ her blog: the needle's excellency
Kajsa (sykossa) ~ her blog: syko
Laurie (oldschoolacres) ~ her blog: old school acres
Sally (allthestuffilike) ~ her blog: all the stuff i like
floresita (floresita) ~ her blog: things I've made

Thanks again, to everyone, and hope you enjoy our blog! :)

Hi, I'm floresita, editor of Feeling Stitchy. I'm an avid stitcher, knitter, and crafter. You can see more of my stitching on Instagram and my blog. My vintage transfer collection is on Vintage Transfer Finds.

Feel free to email me with any ideas for the blog!

16 comments:

  1. hey, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Flor - I am so excited about this new blog!! I am such an embroidery and handwork fan and it's so nice to see all the lovely work out there! I'll look forward to reading each day! Thanks for coming up with this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jude! I'm really enjoying the magical creations you've been posting to the group! :)

    Yay, Jackie - you found us! Hope this group insipires you half as much as that Tea Towel Swap did me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have nominated this blog for the Thinking Blogger Award. Please go here to read details:

    http://neovampjewelry.wordpress.com/2007/04/14/thinking-bloggers-award-for-neovamp/

    Carolina - NeoVamp Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great blog (and flickr group)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Thanks Carolina! I'll get a suggestion from each of our fabulous bloggers so we can "tag" someone! :)

    Thanks happy zombie - I'm so glad you found us - I love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi friend

    You have a great website (blog) and I am interesting to make link exchange with you
    if you agree to add my link in your Blogroll or in any area at your blog and I will add your link too

    just send me a message to: hassan_khe@yahoo.com or admin@hazstore.info

    my web site: http://fashion.hazstore.info/
    my link title: free embroidery designs

    Thanks
    Hassan Eliwah

    ReplyDelete
  8. I added this blog to my google reader a while ago, but actually spent some time clicking around it today and it's awesome. There are really a lot of great resources. Someone should blog some of the resource/turorial reminders that are available from time to time for those that only read through their rss feed.

    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi
    I just linked y'all over to my blog
    http://cottonwooddiner.blogspot.com/
    Bascom

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun to see embroidery enthusiasts.
    For those that enjoy the more commercial styled embroidery, the advent of I-CLIQQ Embroidery Software may be of interest.

    www.i-cliqq.com

    Feel free to browse or link. If you just enjoy embroidering, you can find over 180 free designs to download, and have fun with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello there, feeling stitchy! I've been a follower now for a couple of months and would like to finally express how much I enjoy this blog. WHile I've always had an appreciation & silent love for embroidery, I have recently been very enamored with the act of embroiderING. Every post has been an amazing inspiration. It has caused me to have an even keener eye for the tiniest detail.

    Anyway, my point was to share something I just saw on the Etsy "handpicked items". I'm quite the tree lover so of course it would appeal to me. It can be found in the shop, HAREandDRUM.

    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25543368&ref=fp_feat_7/

    GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, we will be looking forward to read your interesting posts about embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Inspirational and Informative. I look forward to my daily visits.

    My favorite Blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey stitchers! I want to let you know that www.WeAllSew.com is going to feature your blog all next week! Please let me know if you have q's!

    Thanks - Erika

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there. I've been surfing through your blog for the past three days and its awesome. thank you for all the information. i'm an on off beginner since finishin high school. Recently started on a work to ward off the boredom that sometimes set as a newly wed. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6463500&l=dade84c385&id=639105791
    The only thing that is difficult is that hand embroidery thread is not available in my country, Maldives. Hope to see more great stuff and links here. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for sharing your nlog info. I really appreciate it! Very inspirational to read.

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS